VOCR
25 August, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
by Salai C C,


Ms. Man Don Hau from Tedim, who had suffered hydrocephalus sickness and reported by VOCR on 25 July, 2009 passed away on 21 August, 2009. She arrived to Malaysia in 2009 in order to reunite with her husband and live in secure life, which they had never been in our own country. But her dream was unfulfilled .she left her beloved husband alone in Malaysia.

When she became unhealthy she was admitted to Putra Jaya Hospital but on the same day, she was referred to General Hospital Kuala Lumpur for further treatment. Her husband was recognized refugee but she was still unrecognized due to queue set up by the UNHCR for family reunification.

“She had been operated three times but she could not be saved at all. I did not expect she would pass away, when she was admitted to hospital I believed that she will be recovered soon. I tried to do everything for her and we spent a lot of money for her, expecting her recovery. Even if I do not have to pay for her medical charges I tried to borrow the money from my friends and relatives. Her death is unbelievable” her husband said.

Her husband with tearful also added that “she had been operated three times but she left me. I don’t want to blame anyone on her death but I believed that if I were rich and legal person in this country, we will never face this kind of sorrow, and mourn.

After she was operated for second time, she sadly left a message to her friend, “Even though we live under fears and depressions there, in Myanmar, I just want to go back to see my family before I leave”.

When she was visited by CRC Health coordinator Mr. Henry and VOCR media in the hospital she had already been operated for one time but the doctor wrote a note on her medical file that they found no result. But at the time, she could not open her left eye. In second operation, the husband said that the operation is still uncompleted. But in the third time operation, the doctor said that she could not able to bear the third time operation because she lost most of her energy.

Ms. Man Don Hau is only 24 years old and they have no children. While her husband was trying to add her under his file at the UNHCR office, she passed away unexpectedly. The funeral service was held on 24 August at Seremban cemetery and around 200 chin refugees attended it.
The husband with tearful speaking at
the funeral service